Heavenly Bed at Westin

During our short trip to Malaysia last month, we managed to squeeze out a night to stay at the Westin Kuala Lumpur Hotel, courtesy of our Starwood Privilege card. Since we could choose out of 3 different hotels, namely Le Meridien, Sheraton Imperial or Westin, we decided to go with Westin because of the famed Heavenly Bed. Booking was a breeze through our Starwood agent and we reached at around 12pm and were surprisingly granted check-in earlier than usual. Staying in Westin also meant easy access to various malls in KL such as Pavilion, Starhill and Fahrenheit88, all within walking distance!

Heavenly bed

Our room

Heavenly bed

Heavenly Bed

The first thing I did, after taking pictures, was to check out the Heavenly Bed. According to the information booklet, there are 10 layers on the bed, including a custom-designed pillowtop mattress, three 400 thread count sheets and a down blanket, a comforter, white duvet, five pillows, two king sized goose feather pillows, two standard non-allergenic pillows and a decorative boudoir pillow. Interestingly, you can also buy the said mattress at abour RM4k+ for king size. With all these layers, I have to admit I found it quite inconvenient to pull up the various sheets for cover at night. I had to make sure I got everything – the down blanket, the top sheet, the comforter and the duvet in one go. Of course, it helped that the bed was indeed plush and luxurious, and the goose feather pillows allowed me to sink into my sweet dreams at night. Once I was tucked in, I didn’t want to leave the bed! It was heavenly!

Day bed

The couch by the window

Flat screen LCD TV

Flat screen LCD TV and DVD player

The room was also fitted with a 40 inch TV with cable, so we were able to keep ourselves entertained in the evening while lazing back on the comfortable bed.

Bathroom

Towards the bathroom

The bathroom and toilet were spacious and clean, with a bathtub and a shower stall to boot. I also liked that their toiletries by White Tea smelled really pleasant and comforting. We were provided with 4 bottles of complimentary Spritzer mineral water, which I thought was a nice gesture. Most hotels usually provide just 2 bottles of their house-brand drinking water.

Bathtub

Bathtub

Bathroom

Bathroom sink and toiletries

Complimentary water

Complimentary Spritzer mineral water

Bathrobes and slippers were provided, together with ironing board, an iron and an electronic safe. The slippers were handy especially at night because part of the room was made from floor boards, which could get chilly to the feet.

Bathrobe

Bathrobe and slippers

Coffee and tea

Coffee and tea making facilities

The minibar was well stocked but they were, as with all hotels, charged with an exorbitant price. There really was no need to use anything from the bar because Pavilion is just right opposite the hotel, and you could get basically any drinks you want there.

Westin Minibar

Minibar

Snacks

Snacks

In the morning, we were greeted with a gorgeous view of clear and blue sky surrounding the KL city from our room. We could see the huge swimming pool at the Pavilion Residences, as well as the KL Tower in the distance.

Pavilion Residence

View of Pavilion Residences from the room

KL Tower

View of KL Tower from the room

What can I say? I could only wish I was staying there a few more nights longer. But I did have one gripe though, there was no free internet in the room! At this day and age, I didn’t expect hotels to still charge (a high price too) for internet access. I wish this would be changed in the future, or there will always be something not quite perfect with the hotel.

King bed

Westin Heavenly Bed in our Deluxe City View room

The Westin Kuala Lumpur Hotel
199, Jalan Bukit Bintang
Kuala Lumpur 55100
Malaysia
Phone: (60)(3) 2731 833
Website: www.thewestinkualalumpur.com

• January 22nd, 2013 12:52 PM

Oooo…nice! At Bukit Bintang? Hmmm…didn’t know they have Wsetin there.

• January 22nd, 2013 1:00 PM

The bed indeed looks luxurious! Any plans to get one for our own bedroom? After all, we only live once! hahahaa…
    Yes, another thing is the Internet, I also dont understand why Malaysia and Singapore, most hotels do not provide free wifi to the room….

• January 22nd, 2013 2:02 PM
    small Kucing

sure very comfortable with the heavenly bed. Very good service too.

Yes the bed and service were good! Glad that Westin truly lived up to its name :)

• January 22nd, 2013 2:41 PM

hahaha, heavenly bed?? what a name, and did you feel like in heaven when you sleep on that bed?? hahaha.. but you are right, it’s quite unacceptable that hotels now are charging internet access huh?? it’s the information age, and internet is already something so cheap, they should have given free wifi access everywhere in the hotel..

I’m happy that the bed was really heavenly!! If only they would do something about the internet access, my hotel stay would have been perfect! :)

• January 22nd, 2013 3:11 PM

wow, a heavenly bed that really lives up to its name! i wish i could bring it home (my nine-year-old bed is getting a teeny bit worn out, heh!) :D

Hehe I believe they do sell it!

• January 22nd, 2013 4:49 PM

Wow! The bed is to die for! Haha!! 10 layers? Do they even wash all that each time?

Hmm are you sure you want to know? :P

• January 22nd, 2013 4:52 PM

I absolutely hate it when hotels charge for internet usage. That’s why I never book into any hotel that does not provide free in-room internet access!

Me too! I still can’t understand why they would want to charge so much for internet!

• January 22nd, 2013 4:54 PM

But what is worse is when the hotel provides free internet access but once inside the room, you get really poor signal!

• January 22nd, 2013 8:33 PM

I’ve spelt in their beds.. and I agree that they are totally 100% HEAVENLY! LOL.

Totally agree! :)

• January 23rd, 2013 9:18 PM

Ah looks nice, maybe bring my kids there during the next school hols. :)

Yes, I’m sure they’ll enjoy the comfy bed too!

• January 29th, 2013 2:59 AM