3 Little Pigs at The Hungry Hog

Pork burger lovers, rejoice! With the popularity of pork burgers gaining, there are more restaurants now offering pork burgers as their signature items. One of such is The Hungry Hog, aptly named so for offering pork items as their signature dishes. It was technically our second visit to the place, because the first time we were there was a Monday, and it’s closed on Mondays! Never make the same mistake again my friends. We persevered and returned on another day, this time complete with reservations.

Three Little Pigs

The dinner which was supposed to be a replacement from the one on Monday, was skilfully arranged into a surprise celebration for Eric‘s birthday. Yes, he was the one who suggested the place and time, but he wasn’t aware that we had a surprise in store. :) Since the party had not arrived yet, we ordered some Chunky Fries to munch. They were served fresh off the fryer, still crispy and hot inside. But we ended up regretting ordering this, because our burgers later on were served with so much fries that we couldn’t finish them!

Chunky Fries (RM4.90)

We also ordered the Siew Yuk to share – 2 slabs of BBQ pork served with this spicy and soury sauce that went well with the meat. The pork slices were made up of 3-layered meat, a slice of crispy skin, a slice of fat and a slice of lean meat sandwiched into one. My favourite part was the crispy skin, so I loved eating the edges of the meat!

Hungry Hog

Siew Yuk / Roasted Pork (RM11.90)

Hungry Hog

The multi-layered pieces of meat

The Keropork (yes no typo there) was probably coined from ‘Keropok‘, which is a Malay term that meant crackers. These cracker-like snack was made from pork skin and was deep fried to crispy perfection. However, having a piece or two of this would suffice, since it’s loaded with lard. This is definitely meant for sharing!

Keropork (RM5.90)

We have heard so much about the pork burger here, so we couldn’t resist from ordering the 3 Little Pigs, their signature burger. It was cutely named so due to the three forms of pork sandwiched within the buns – pork patty, pork bacon and ham! Let’s not forget the melting cheese on top, giving it a nice savoury and creamy texture in addition to the juicy pork patty. My initial response to the burger was, it’s not that big! But lo and behold, never judge the book by its cover. It could be the thick pork patty, or it could be the creamy cheese, but by the time I finished the burger, I was so full I couldn’t finish my fries. It’s probably one of the best value pork burgers around town. :)

3 Little Pigs (RM15.90)

Hungry Hog

Combination of pork patty, pork bacon and ham

Since we went nearing the Chinese New Year season, there was a special Porksperity Burger on offer. Being festive, Saucer ordered this to try out. It’s a glorious combination of runny egg on top of melting cheese, grilled pork patty, yuk kon (dried meat) and plum sauce. What a clever fusion of east and west, don’t you think? I had a few bites of it and thought the addition of ‘yuk kon’ made the burger that much more delicious. I wish they would make this a permanent item on the menu, because I definitely want to go back and try it again. :)

Porksperity Burger (RM22.80)

Hungry Hog

Fried egg, cheese, pork patty and dried meat (yuk kon)

Hungry Hog

The melting egg and cheese

Savoury and juicy

Last but not least, a surprise for the birthday boy! We bought a cake and presented it to him towards the end of the dinner, much to his amusement. Happy 25th Birthday! :)

Birthday boy

Moist Chocolate sponge cake

Aside from the amazing company that night (we talked and talked until the restaurant’s closing time!), I have to say I really enjoyed the pork burgers at The Hungry Hog. If only they have more branches nearer to my place, I’d definitely visit it more often. :) Here’s to a Porky Chinese New Year!

The Hungry Hog

The Hungry Hog
71, Jalan SS15/4C,
47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel No: +6012 – 225 0877
E-mail: thehungryhog@gmail.com
Business Hours: 12.00 to 2.30pm, 6.00 to 10.00pm (closed on Mondays)
Website: www.hog.my

• 01.30.12

• January 30th, 2012 9:25 AM
    taufulou

wahhh…looks very good ehh..till now still haven find time to go yet. . .

Never too late :)

• January 30th, 2012 9:58 AM
    Isaac Tan

looks sinful, but should be very nice. Next time call me along! I can eat alot one :P

Sure thing! At least we won’t have problems finishing the fries :D

• January 30th, 2012 10:35 AM
    ken

this looks sooooo good, must try one day! :)

Let me know if you love it too! :)

• January 30th, 2012 10:38 AM

Keropork is ze best!! LOVE! Incidentally this was were i first met Caroline;) hehe

I could only have 2 pieces of the keropork before I felt it was cloying.. Yay to meeting cute Caroline! :)

• January 30th, 2012 10:40 AM

ooo, the porksperity burger looks & sounds more satisfying than mcdonald’s same ol’ prosperity burger every year! heheh :D

I agree with you.. give me pork and yuk kon anytime! :)

• January 30th, 2012 10:43 AM
    June Tan

Happy Birthday Eric Lee.. :) Love the Hungry Hog..!! xD

• January 30th, 2012 10:43 AM
    Choi Yen

The keropork can’t eat too much, will feel cloying >.<

Yea I think 2 pieces was enough for me :O

• January 30th, 2012 11:14 AM
    Merryn

Looks so yummy but since I’m not into porks… can we have Hungry Fish instead? :P

Hehe we’ll wait for another restaurant called The Hungry Fish then.. perhaps you should give it a try? :)

• January 30th, 2012 12:33 PM
    Nikel

roasted pork is great!

• January 30th, 2012 2:14 PM

wow.. Happy Birthday to 25th year old Eric!! :)

See the food also hungry already! :)

I know! Stomach growling :P

• January 30th, 2012 2:48 PM
    kianfai87

been there before, very nice and too bad they didnt open on CNY session lol :P

Really? That’s too bad! Well it’s not too late to go there now, just make sure it’s not a Monday :P

• January 30th, 2012 6:08 PM

fuyoh!! don’t come and show me all these pork burgers and siu yuk!! i will faint because i’m too in love with them!! especially that porksperity with egg and yuk gon!! i just have to say it’s so D*MNilicious~~

ooopsss, sorry!! too excited till i almost forgotten to wish Eric a belated happy birthday :D

Hahaha don’t faint!! Go and try out the Porksperity before it’s taken out of their promotion! :)

• January 30th, 2012 11:30 PM
    missyblurkit

the siu yok looks good. i love the crunchy edges too. some days i’ll be scolded for eating only the edges:P

LOL! I know what you mean.. the best part is always the edges and the skin :D

• January 31st, 2012 12:51 AM
    HouHouSek

siuyukkk looks nice weihhh

It’s lovely indeed!

• January 31st, 2012 6:44 PM

I love the prosperity burger!!! XD

Haha yea very nice and filling!! I wonder if they’re still selling it now :P

• February 8th, 2012 2:50 PM

Oh I missed this post! Nice 3 Little Pigs – my favorite! And I don’t even like burgers! LOL!

Really you don’t like burgers?? That’s new to me! :P

• March 4th, 2012 11:06 PM
    Loeffle

I’m already fat, but living in Malaysia I would quickly cross 100 kg or worse :)
    Wonder how you guys can be so slim eating all these “bombs” ;)
    Looks yummy nevertheless :)

LOL! You’re not fat please! I think it’s our hot weather here.. makes us sweat a lot and hence lose a bit of weight :P

• March 9th, 2012 3:39 AM
    Loeffle

Very fat :(
    I think about to start a blog called “I am the Pig”.com ;)

Great memories to that country for me!