Free Coway Water Softener at Sunway Lagoon

The last time I had fun in the water at Sunway Lagoon must have been more than 10 years ago, when the theme park was new and incomplete. Last week, I was lucky to be invited to the launch of Coway Spa Water Softener that took place in Sunway Lagoon itself.  Coway, the leading home-wellness appliances manufacturer from Korea has installed 48 units of Spa Water Softener at the water theme park to enable Malaysians to experience the wonders of soft water for free.

Welcome to Sunway Lagoon

The Coway booth

Coway Spa Water Softener

What are the benefits  of soft water?

• Increases skin moisture level by as much as 69%
  • Reduces dead skin cells
  • Decreases skin friction by 20%
  • Soften hair and scalp
  • Reduces dandruff
  • Higher soapiness

Coway Sunway Lagoon

Compare the difference between tap water and soft water

The Coway Spa Water Softener claims to transform the tap water to soft water, making it a healthier option for the body while ensuring smoother, softer skin within 2 weeks. The water softener is equipped with a composite filter within to remove chlorine, germs and floating substances from tap water while its Ion Exchange Resin reduces the hardness of tap water.

Coway Spa Water Softener

The 48 preview units were installed in some of the shower rooms in Sunway Lagoon and will be available for a period of 3 months. I tried showering with the soft water and indeed, the chlorine level is much lower than regular tap water.

Some other Coway products – air purifier

The Coway Spa Water Softener retails at RM1,900 or is available for rental at RM70 per month, including a bi-monthly product maintenance service. If you would like to try it before purchasing, you can sign up for Coway’s exclusive 14-day trial period for free.

Best-selling Coway Bidet seat

Some local celebrities were invited to the launching event, including Ning Baizura and 988 DJ Sam.

Ning Baizura speaking of her experience with Coway Spa Water Softener

Reflexology for booth visitors

Sand art

After the launch, the few of us spent the afternoon at Sunway Lagoon, starting with a hand at Archery.

Eric and Saucer trying out at Archery

Spot my spray-on tattoo! :P

Then, we made our way to the World’s Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge in the world, crossing from one end to the other – 428m! This was where Caroline had to face her fear of height while I took the opportunity to snap some gorgeous pictures from above.

World’s Longest Suspension Bridge

Coway Sunway Lagoon

Hanging on to dear life Eric

To be honest, some of the parts of the bridge were pretty scary because the metal bars on the floor gave me the feeling of insecurity. But of course, it’s all an illusion. We managed to cross it in the end, all of us. :)

The see-through floor

View from the bridge #1

View from the bridge #2

View from the bridge #3

witch on the bridge

We then moved on to Wagon on Wheels, which is a small-scale Ferris Wheel. Over here, you’d see Caroline feeling more relieved and happy. :)

Caroline & Eric

Before we moved on to the water theme park, the guys went on the scary Pirates Revenge – Malaysia’s first 360-degree Rotating Pirate Ship! Needless to say, timid people like me wouldn’t be up there. :P Spot the guys in one of the rows!

Screaming in the ship

360-degree overturned pirate ship

It was overall a fun and eventful day, not to mention the water slides that we played after. No pictures of the water park since all our cameras were kept inside the locker by then. The fun in the sun was all thanks to Coway! For more information on Coway, visit www.coway.com.my or contact 1-800-888-111 or www.facebook.com/CowayMalaysia.

• July 12th, 2011 11:22 AM
    ladyviral

Wow looks a day of fun!

Caroline was not on the ride too huh? Since she is afraid of heights :3.

I haven’t been to Sunway Lagoon Theme Park in ages too. Last I been there, I didn’t know how to swim yet! haha!

You’re right! In fact, I wasn’t on the ride too.. must be the age catching up :P

• July 12th, 2011 1:39 PM
    kelvin

Looks fun, its always on my list when I traveled to Malaysia, but never have time to go before :(

It’s worth a visit if you haven’t been there before! :)

• July 12th, 2011 2:55 PM

i have a fear of heights too! but that bridge looks quite stable and safe and wide enough, thankfully :D

It’s wide enough and stable indeed, but I was not too comfortable with the gaps on the floor though :P

• July 12th, 2011 4:24 PM
    Ciki

Wah.. promoting soft water kah? LOL. I agree that soft water makes your hair softer, but not necessarily healthier. Just a nice feeling that’s all la.. like left over soap in one’s hair;) The state of health of one’s hair, comes from within the structure of the hair itself;) Antioxidants and vitamins help me best I think

I agree with you.. vitamins and antioxidants help from within, while water would help on the surface. Combine them for best results. ;)

• July 12th, 2011 5:51 PM
    kianfai87

fuiyoh u got a great smile over there LOL

anyways . . . why caroline so takut when at the hanging bridge 1?

and your hand is muscular :P

LOL Thank you sweetie! Ya she’s scared of the height :P
    Haha muscular hand.. is that good or bad :P

• July 12th, 2011 7:32 PM

You bought yours already?

Nope.. too expensive for me :(

• July 12th, 2011 7:35 PM

Caroline…someone must have tickled the soles of her feet when she as small, so scared of crossing bridges. Haven’t been to that place since 1995…when I went in, slipped and broke my arm and in the end, had to undergo surgery – paid for that myself some more. Tsk! Tsk!

Gosh you slipped and broke your arm?? What happened?? :(

• July 12th, 2011 9:33 PM

uwaaa!! gudness!! so paiseh now!! T.T and omg! i dint noe the metal bars part can see through one?! gosh!! lucky i closed eyes all the way! >.<

LOL! Ya I think if you saw the see through bars you’ll scream dy :P

• July 12th, 2011 10:50 PM

oooh, soft water spa?? that sounds very interesting.. so how does it feel like?? any different from normal water we have been using?? but if not mistaken, soaps will hardly foam with soft water, was that what we’ve studied in school for SPM ah?? :D

The water is SLIGHTLY salty.. and you got it opposite! The soft water will foam MORE with soap. :)

• July 12th, 2011 10:59 PM
    Hong Wei

The Pedestrian Suspension Bridge is interesting!! =)

It’s the longest in the world! I only knew it last week ;)

• July 13th, 2011 12:14 AM
    tekkaus

Wow…you guys are totally enjoying yourselves. :D So this is what I have been missing. Should have agreed to come.

Yes you should have!! And bring along little Jordan ;)

• July 13th, 2011 12:16 AM
    tekkaus

I would to buy that air purifier. :D

• July 13th, 2011 12:47 AM

The Spa Water Softener sounds interesting! : )

• July 13th, 2011 12:48 AM

Hey I like the lizard tattoo on Saucer’s arms! Nice!!

• July 13th, 2011 12:49 AM

Nice view of the bridge! I also have fear of height! Wonder can manage or not but I’m sure I will fare better than Caroline hahaha!!

• July 13th, 2011 12:50 AM

Oh! Pirates Revenge? Not my type of thing – not really into such thrills. Might puke after I come down from there! LOL!

Me too! The sight of it is already scary enough :P

• July 13th, 2011 2:04 AM
    bluedreamer

Is it the Twitter Bird? LOL
    oh wanna experience archery someday…..

• July 14th, 2011 11:28 PM
    Isaac Tan

Looked like a day of fun and laughter wor! :) Glad to see you really enjoyed yourself there.

• July 19th, 2011 8:51 PM
    Kavya Hari

Sun way lagoon is looking too good in it :)

• July 21st, 2011 12:57 PM
    Sarah Wu

Wow looks like a lot fun going on in just 1 day. Smart not to carry the camera into the water. LOL :) I would be scared to get it wet too.

• July 31st, 2011 10:10 PM
    Andreas

Do people really believe this soft water thingy? ;)

Wasn’t “Biggest Loser” filmed in this place?

Was The Biggest Loser filmed here? Just did a search online.. season 1 was filmed in Melaka’s A Famosa Resort and season 2 was in Putrajaya’s IOI Resort. So I guess no, it’s not here :)

Loeffle Reply:

Well – it remembered me of it.
    Not that I would have known what “Biggest Loser” is one year ago. But I was ill for one week during my vacation on Flores and had plenty of time to “enjoy” South East Asian TV programmes ;)

Ohh.. well I guess your illness helped you to learn more about Asian TV shows eh? :P

Loeffle Reply:

It did, but was quite scary to be sick in Maumere and not knowing what all is about ;)