Sizzling Hot at Star Village

Every weekend, Saucer and I would venture to our neighbourhood area to look for new places to dine. Last weekend, we were driving past the Kuchai Lama area and noticed this restaurant called Star Village that seemed to be packed with people. Since we were feeling a little adventurous, we decided to park our car and give it a try. It was 8pm on a Saturday night and the place was full! We had to wait for about 5 minutes to get our table but other than that, service was prompt.

Star Village

Sizzling chicken chop

The place was decorated using mostly old school decorative items, giving it a very retro look. Even the stair case to go up their artificial first floor was ancient-looking, adding more charm to the whole environment. We started with their Signature Sun Tea, which came in a cute pot meant for 2 persons. It tasted like a mixture of Ribena, lemon juice and flower tea, which was quite refreshingly sour. To be honest, this was not my cup of tea (literally) since I’m not into sour stuff but I guess it serves it purpose in whetting our appetite before our food arrived.

Star Village

Retro stair case

Speaking of food, I must say their service was impressively fast. From our order to the serving of our first dish, it must have taken less than 10 minutes. And all the other dishes came and were completely served within 5 minutes. Such a commendable task considering it’s full house that night.

Star Village

Sun Tea (RM12.90)

My niece Heidi ordered the Black Pepper Chicken which was one of the recommended dishes in the menu. The size of the chicken chop was huge, using a whole chicken thigh that was well-marinated and tender. The sauce was savoury and peppery but not overpoweringly so. I think she enjoyed her chicken very much that night for the 8-year-old managed to finish the whole thing on her own!

Star Village

Black pepper chicken (RM15.90)

Star Village

Salmon Steak (RM19.80)

Saucer had the Sizzling Chicken Chop which was served sizzling hot with a cover on top. The aroma was redolent and appetizing, topped with a generous amount of garlic sauce. Again, the chicken chop portion was sizable, tander and smooth. The only gripe was that the garlic sauce was not garlicky enough, rendering the gravy just savoury and nothing else.

Star Village

Revealing the Sizzling Chicken Chop (RM21.90)

Star Village

Topped with garlic gravy

My order of Cheese Chicken was grilled chicken topped with a slice of cheese and a layer of ham on top, drenched with mushroom sauce. I loved this! The chicken was grilled to a golden brown with slightly charred edges without stripping off its moisture within. The layer of cheese melted nicely in between the chicken and ham on top, giving it a nice cheesy and savoury taste all in one bite. Also not to forget is the piece of fried bun on the side, which looked harmless but was so good. It was almost like deep fried mantou but nicer. :) I thought the salad was weird though, with the liberal usage of jicama (sengkuang), green peas and carrot mixed with mayonnaise. Not an ideal combination, I’d think.

Star Village

Cheese Chicken (RM18.90)

Last but not least, we shared a serving of Chicken Wings, which arrived in glistening red with a side of chilli dip. The chicken wing was well marinated with hints of honey on top, which gave it a slightly sweet skin. While these did not blow our minds, we found them pretty decent as finger food.

Star Village

Chicken Wing (RM3/pc)

Star Village

Dining environment of Star Village

The dinner experience at Star Village made us understand why this was such a favourite among the locals. The service was prompt, the ambience was cozy, the food was reasonably good and price was affordable. It’s definitely a place that we would go to for that Western food fix without having to burn a hole in our pocket!

Star Village

Star Village Western Food

Star Village Western Food Steak House
No 1, Jalan 10/116B,
Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park,
Off Jalan Kuchai Lama,
58200 Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia.
Tel No.: +603-7984 3117
Business Hours: 10.30am – 3pm, 5pm – 1am
Website: http://starvillage.com.my/

• 07.08.11

• July 8th, 2011 11:02 AM
    ken

wow nice.. i would love to try the cheese chicken :D

• July 8th, 2011 11:05 AM
    Nikel

Chicken Wing Wave hand to me…

LOL! That’s a funny sight to imagine :P

• July 8th, 2011 11:18 AM
    kelvin

Omg, i can’t resist the cheese and mushroom sauce!!!

• July 8th, 2011 11:20 AM
    mimid3vils

Is there another outlet at Kota Damansara?

I believe so.. they have 4 outlets if I’m not mistaken :)

• July 8th, 2011 11:50 AM
    Merryn

Cheese and Chicken.. two of my favourites!!!!! must try! :)

• July 8th, 2011 12:06 PM
    JoinMe

Hi iamthewitch,
    Kindly be informed that this post has been reprinted on JoinMe.com.my, thanks.

• July 8th, 2011 12:25 PM
    kianfai87

the garlic gravy is popsicle! does it explode? :P

Haha no it did not explode :P

• July 8th, 2011 12:32 PM

this brings back memories of the type of western dishes i used to enjoy a lot as a university student. though prices were a lot cheaper then: a black pepper chicken chop could have cost below RM10, heheh :D

Oh yea.. the chicken chop that used to cost RM6 :P Inflation sucks!

• July 8th, 2011 12:49 PM

now am drooling at the chicken wings!! looks soooo yummy!! :o

Wipe your saliva! :P We can go and eat together when you’re free!

• July 8th, 2011 1:35 PM

Good choice. Food looks great, prices ok… Ya, the chicken wings look like to die for…

I think you’d like this place! ;)

• July 8th, 2011 1:53 PM
    Isaac Tan

The sizzling chicken chop looks good. You have great food everyday! You know the other day I was looking for makan makan around Ampang area, kinda sad didnt manage to find a nice place to makan

Ohh Ampang area should have nice tandoori ;) Where did you end up eating? hehe

• July 8th, 2011 4:33 PM
    ericleeh

hahaha that chicken wings look good..too bad you said it is only so so

Yea.. looks can be deceiving huh? But they’re not bad, just that nothing to shout about :)

• July 8th, 2011 5:33 PM
    wyyv

We have been there too before it’s shifted to the new lot. Food was good at the price! :D

I know.. pretty reasonable in terms of quality and price :)

• July 8th, 2011 9:46 PM
    smallkucing

hmmm…macam pernah lihat this place before….

• July 8th, 2011 9:56 PM

i thot the sun tea was sangria, haha!! it looks nice actually, and i love the chicken wings, so enticing, haha!! but given a choice i’d opt to serve the chicken chop in normal plate instead of sizzling plate, i just find sizzling a little too clumsy..

I think sizzling has this special aroma that normal plate doesn’t have, but I wouldn’t want to have it if I have taken bath and all clean :P It can get a bit smelly and oily lol!

• July 9th, 2011 10:38 AM
    Shingo T

Me love BBQ chicken wing. =p

I will be going down KL next weekend with my friends to attend a 3-day course. Hope there’s time for me to go try some of the great (and endless) food that you have blogged about.

Wonderful!! Which part of KL will you be around? Don’t forget to miss our the street food and Ramly burger! ;)

• July 10th, 2011 4:44 PM
    tekkaus

I would love to taste that Salmon steak. But the portion could have been bigger. ;D

Hehe well that’s where you save stomach space for chicken wings! :P

• July 10th, 2011 4:45 PM
    tekkaus

The Sun Tea…looks rather odd…how come use that “cup”?

• July 13th, 2011 12:55 AM

Oh! I like fast service! Coupled with yummy food, sure a great place to dine!

Yea i was really impressed with the speed of service! Good for hungry people like me :P

• July 19th, 2011 8:48 PM
    Kavya Hari

It has an good clarity images on here. And, when we see those pictures on here… My mouth is watering :)

• May 4th, 2012 12:18 AM
    Karmen

yummy…..will try it…

• May 20th, 2012 10:10 PM
    Eric Ng

Terrible and very very bad Servis in Desa Aman Puri outlet.finished out main course but bun n soup still not serve yet.called waitress to checkbut all not entertain n run away. Making noise Infront counter only the manager appear. My comment is if can’t cope it don’t over accept order.feeling that no SOPP and no distribution of work task. Potty. The waitress here as they are follow uncapability manager

Oh dear, so sorry to hear about your bad experience. Indeed, service is most important to me too, food is secondary really.

• July 29th, 2012 1:55 AM
    my

services is bad at kuchai branch. from the waiter : ‘wait i am Busy and i give u a box and u dabao urself’ Is it a reason to ask ur customer to do tis kind of self service. I did pay for the service tax and is it wat feedback should i get?

Oh dear, that sucks! I really hope restaurants would pay more attention to their service than just making a quick buck!