My Love for Chilli Pan Mee at Jojo

Today I shall blog about a place that my colleagues and I go frequently for lunch. In fact, we visit this place so often that they are asking me not to blog about it in case the restaurant becomes full house and we can’t get a table for lunch next time! *LOL* Too full of myself eh? The truth is, the place is already crowded and popular as it is. And it is no other than Jojo Little Kitchen, a restaurant famous for its pan mee.

P1170146

The menu

There are several branches of Jojo but the one closest to our office is situated in Seri Kembangan. We went there ever since it started business last year, and have been loyal patrons right up to this day. We watched it grow from a restaurant with merely few patrons to the full house it is right now. Go there during lunch time and you’ll see what I mean.

P1170147

Busy restaurant

That aside, let me show you what we order usually. My drink will always be the Soya Cincau, or some call it Michael Jackson, due to the Black and White nature. ;)

P1170149

Soya Cincau (RM3)

One of my colleagues always never failed to order the Traditional Pan Mee, which came with hearty broth and crunchy anchovies on the side.

P1170151

Traditional Pan Mee (RM5.80)

P1170152

Thick version of pan mee

Another of my colleague ordered the Pan Mee with pork meat, which came with some lardy goodness! I didn’t manage to try this but from the look of it, I could tell that it was sinful and good!

P1170148

Pan mee with pork meat (RM5.80)

Check out the lard! And the springy meat balls.

resize

Lard and meat balls make a bowl of pan mee even better

But of course, that’s not the reason I’m writing this post. The reason I’m writing this post is to show you the awesomeness of the Lat Jiu Pan Mee (Chilli Pan Mee) that Jojo has to offer. During my maiden visit to Jojo, I ordered this dish, and ever since, I’ve always ordered this dish. I must have been there for more than 10 times! And my colleagues kept asking me, why did I order the same thing every single time? How did you know there’s no better ones in the menu?

P1170155

Lat Jiu Pan Mee (RM5.80)

Well, my answer is simple – you’ll never know. But why change when you’ve found your love? ;) My love for Chilli pan mee goes deep. The lightly fried minced meat, the crunchy anchovies and the runny egg are all perfect ingredients for my noodles. Give them a good stir, together with chilli flakes, and you’ll end up with a bowl of glistening, golden red noodles begging to be eaten. I have to tell you, the process of stirring is no easy feat as I keep salivating when the aroma attacked my nose buds, yet, I couldn’t eat them because I wanted to make sure it was mixed really well. So you just have to withhold the urge for that good few minutes and when you eat it, voila! Satisfaction guaranteed. *LOL*

P1170158

Well mixed Chilli pan mee

Always opt for thin noodles as I thought they go better with the chilli. Also, thinner noodles allow for better coverage of the gravy. I like Jojo’s pan mee because it’s not overly soft nor hard, just the correct amount of firmness and well-cooked.

P1170160

Drooling?

I’m certainly drooling now looking at the bowl of chilli pan mee. Ah, guess no prize for guessing what’s for lunch later? :P

P1170161

Jojo Little Kitchen

Jojo Little Kitchen (near South City Plaza)
1-1, Jalan SP 2/7,
Taman Serdang Perdana,
43300 Seri Kembangan,
Selangor,
Malaysia.
Contact no.: 016 6700 722

• 07.07.10

• July 7th, 2010 9:57 AM
    SimpleGirl

the chili pan mee looks real good…yeah, I agree with with the thin pan mee is better for dry version of pan mee.

I can’t get enough of it, really..

• July 7th, 2010 10:14 AM

d lat jiu pan mee looked sedap n looked spicy as well! haha! can no need lat jiu or not one? :p

If no lat jiu then it’s not lat jiu pan mee anymore! :P

• July 7th, 2010 10:32 AM
    Mommy Ling

I love pan mee whether is kon lo or with soup. But never have guts to try chillie one. Scare one gulp, i kenot take the second on edy.

You have to try it! Try with small amount of chilli first, then only add more gradually :)

• July 7th, 2010 10:47 AM
    wyyv

We had tried before this JoJo Kitchen too in different place, Kuchai Lama. Their pan mee is very unique, really love them very much :) Oh ya, we noticed that the branch in Kuchai Lama isn’t that packed with people even though it’s lunch time unlike the one in Seri Kembangan.

Oh didn’t know they have a branch in Kuchai lama too.. I saw one in Puchong though. Love the chilli pan mee!

• July 7th, 2010 12:10 PM
    Cassiemissy

Yummy.. i tried JoJo before as well.. in Kuchai Lama. But i never try the Chili Pan mee.. I always choose something with soup.. haha.. I guess I have to give it a try the next visit!

You have to try it!!

• July 7th, 2010 12:21 PM
    kathy

very long time never went there already. Is the Hot Soup Shop still around there ah? The Pan Mee looks delicious

Hot soup shop? LOL! Not sure what’s that…

• July 7th, 2010 12:53 PM

Never had that…but they all certainly look real good! Yum! Yum! I love stuff in clear soup…

Yea it’s good! Put it in your food list when you come to KL :)

• July 7th, 2010 1:17 PM
    jfook

I went there before too. It was good. Since it’s near to my uni. LOL. But there’s one stall at Bukit Serdang also not bad. You can go and try.

Really? What’s the name of the stall?

• July 7th, 2010 1:17 PM
    suhaisweet

Nice..My very da very latest.. Bahaya!

Thanks!

• July 7th, 2010 1:20 PM
    uLi

Hmmm…expensive pan mee leh….

Expensive? Haha.. but very nice!

• July 7th, 2010 1:42 PM

i’ve been to the branch in Kuchai Lama, actually i think really nothing to shout about lah, just quite normal pan mee lor..

Which pan mee type did you try lar? I only like the Chilli pan mee :)

• July 7th, 2010 2:04 PM
    mimid3vils

Wanna try Jojo long time ago but just like what u said, always crowded & have to queue somemore =.=”

Yea.. should go before the lunch hour then you’ll get a seat :)

• July 7th, 2010 4:01 PM

the other day i went to the panmee shop behind Tesco, Ipoh, i haves to wait half hour to be served.. but i tell u.. it was the best ever! worth waiting for..

Wow.. best ever??? I have to try it one day!

• July 7th, 2010 7:26 PM
    email2me

Never know their Pan mee is so fehmes …. must find a day test power oledi …. hehehe

LOL! Test power!

• July 7th, 2010 8:49 PM
    Wai Mun

We go eat tomorrow !!! Even I get diarrhoea also don care

Yay!! I support you!

• July 7th, 2010 10:23 PM
    Shingo T

Chilli Pan Mee looks real good.

A good business idea for ban mee sellers here in Singapore.

Yea it’s a good and simple dish but delicious!

• July 8th, 2010 12:54 AM
    Jasmine

This looks really hot… not sure if I can take it!

You have to try! Just put in less chilli :)

• July 8th, 2010 3:44 AM

So we have Bao Bao, Cha Cha, Kin Kin and now JoJo? Why all pan mee restaurants have double names?

Yea I don’t know either! I’m waiting for Foong Foong :P

• July 8th, 2010 3:45 AM

I love pan mee!! Love the dry and soup variety. Love the thick, thin and pinch. Love the spicy and non spicy. Love the traditional and not so traditional. Love ‘em all!!!

hahaha what a big fan of pan mee!!

• July 8th, 2010 3:45 AM

Now I am craving for pan mee!!

I just had it for lunch! :P

• February 22nd, 2012 7:02 PM
    Kenny Mah

Lard! Oh gosh, this makes it my kinda pan mee shop! :D