Wedding dinner at Kam Ling restaurant, Kampar

I’m finally back from my honeymoon! Maldives was wonderful, a beach paradise indeed. But both of us are now red and with peeling skin! *LOL* Anyway, since I’m on the topic of my wedding, I intend to do a play-by-play coverage of what happened on the three occasions: Wedding dinner at Kam Ling, Kampar (bride’s side), Wedding ceremony at Kampar and Wedding dinner at Sentosa Regency, Alor Star (groom’s side). A trilogy! And following that would be what I’m sure most people are looking forward to, my honeymoon in Maldives! :)

EVT_7523

Reception at Kam Ling restaurant, Kampar

Dinner was held at the newly opened extension building of Kam Ling restaurant, Kampar. Kam Ling is probably one of the, if not oldest, restaurant in Kampar. I remember going to this place for meals since forever! Recently, they expanded their empire by building another 3-storey x 4-shoplots unit just next to its existing building – making it by far the largest restaurant in Kampar.

EVT_7536

Table decoration

I was lucky to be able to book the ballroom of Kam Ling, situated on the second floor (highest) of the new building. This ballroom is so huge it apparently can seat up to 80+ tables! Plus, the best part was that the area has no pillars at all, and there are lots of gorgeous chandeliers lighting up the whole room.

EVT_7546

Backdrop of the stage

The event started at 7.30pm, with guests arriving from all over the world, literally!

EVT_7555

Signing the guest book

Saucer and I were there at around 7.40pm, welcoming guests at the entrance of Kam Ling.

EVT_7605

Greeting guests at the entrance

We then proceeded upstairs and welcomed guests near the guest book area.

EVT_7621

Us and doryfish + her hubby!

EVT_7636

Us with Angie and my brother

EVT_7673

My aunt from KL

We welcomed guests up until 8.10pm, when we started to get ready for the march-in. I knew people were getting restless and hungry! *LOL*

EVT_7639

EVT_7661

Champagne glasses

The flower girl and boy (my niece and nephew-in-law) were dressed so smartly in their gown and suit! Aren’t they sweet?

EVT_7680

Flower girl and boy

The wedding march proceeded at 8.15pm, with confetti flying and music in the background. It was lovely to be the center of attention for just that few minutes, to know that you won’t be walking down the same red carpet again. :)

EVT_7729

Wedding march

EVT_7754

Seated at the main table

EVT_7821

Guests enjoying dinner

Saucer and I prepared a special singing performance to the guests on that day, singing a duet of Endless Love. Unfortunately, the sound system of Kam Ling left much to be desired. The microphone’s sound came out to be muffled and too soft. We ended up having to shout our lungs out, and I’m sure we missed some tones! *LOL* Well, it was just for fun in the end, and we did have fun!

EVT_7873

Saucer and witch singing

Dear Jessica even came up to us after the performance, telling us that it was very sweet and it made her want to get married! *hugs*

EVT_7902

Jessica and us

Next was the toasting ceremony. We were invited up to uncork some champagne (sparkling juice was more like it :P) and pour it on the glass fountain.

EVT_7935

Filling the glasses

EVT_7982

Toasting ceremony

After the toasting ceremony, Sidney asked us to their table to perform a second round of toasting! He brought a few bottles of the Halal champagne, Chamalal!

EVT_8000

Us with Chamalal champagne

Very thankful to the group of bloggers who came all the way from KL and Penang to my wedding dinner! Love you guys!

EVT_8004

From left: Chris, Ken, Teoh, CK Lam, Sunny, Coco & Jessica

EVT_8008

Us with Szu Ann and Keh Jun – my room mate from uni & best bud!

Thanks to my ex-colleagues and boss from Penang, for coming all the way south! Really appreciate it!

EVT_8071

Penang ex-colleagues & friends

EVT_8088

My brother, his girlfriend and cousin Theng from the UK

Time flies and before we knew it, it was time to say goodbye to the guests!

EVT_8092

Walking towards the exit

EVT_8124

Friends from the university!

EVT_8133

Diana and witch

EVT_8151

The bloggers and us!

EVT_8152

Jessica and witch

So there you have it! The first night of our wedding dinner. All the pictures were taken by the amazing and talented Steve Tan! We enjoyed his work very much, especially those taken on the morning tea ceremony. Stay tuned to see those candid pictures all right! :)

• 02.18.10
  • Life

• February 18th, 2010 2:25 PM
    ai wei

ur wedding is really grand!!! congratulation.
    am now waiting for ur honeymoon posts… hehehehe. <3
    .-= ai wei´s last blog ..Gong Xi Fai Cai & Happy V day! =-.

Thanks dear! OK I’ll buck up with the honeymoon pics ok! :)

• February 18th, 2010 2:50 PM

Wow! Nice place…so grand!

How many times have you sung Endless Love together? Wish I could hear it! Tock was singing his praises on Facebook… Must be really nice!

Maldives? Oooo….any photos of you in skimpy bikinis? Oops…forgot! You’re married! Sorry, Saucer! Hahahahahaha!!!!!

Haha well let’s just say Tock was being kind to us. :P We practiced about one month before the wedding… But the effect could have been better if not for the poor sound system of the hall… Ahem, skimpy bikinis? We’ll see :P

• February 19th, 2010 3:41 AM
    Yin Hoon

Congratulations!
    You looked great! :)

Too bad I had to miss it. Wow, Kam Ling looked so grand! Finally something presentable in Kampar hahaha!

Thanks ah poh! It would have been great to have you there.. but it’s ok.. next time would be my turn to attend yours! :)

• February 19th, 2010 8:33 AM
    khengsiong

Congratulations!
    .-= khengsiong´s last blog ..Lanterns in Thean Hou Temple =-.

Thank you khengsiong!

• February 19th, 2010 8:37 AM
    khengsiong

Congratulations!

BTW, I think the topic of this post should be ‘My wedding dinner’, but you’re too used to writing food review for restaurants :D
    .-= khengsiong´s last blog ..Lanterns in Thean Hou Temple =-.

• February 19th, 2010 9:07 AM
    Wedding dinner at Kam Ling restaurant, Kampar | iamthewitch.com | Drakz Free Online Service

[...] from: Wedding dinner at Kam Ling restaurant, Kampar | iamthewitch.com Share and [...]

• February 19th, 2010 9:55 AM
    Huai Bin

Congrats on your wedding! The reception looks fantastic. I love your wedding dress too – you look resplendent in it. :)
    .-= Huai Bin´s last blog ..Fat Mum =-.

Thank you… I love my gowns too! :)

• February 19th, 2010 12:37 PM

Wow! I’m impressed! Grand and nice! : )
    .-= foongpc´s last blog ..2010 Chinese New Year Decorations =-.

Y didn’t you go lar.. :P

• February 19th, 2010 12:40 PM

Hey, can’t wait to hear you and Saucer sing Endless Love! Can sing or not for me to hear when we go karaoke next time? : )

Of course! Just waiting for you to arrange only :P We can’t wait to show off! *LOL* just kidding

• February 19th, 2010 12:43 PM

Wah! Can’t wait for your post on Maldives. I want to see lots of photos! And u better not disappoint me! Haha, juz kidding!! : )
    .-= foongpc´s last blog ..2010 Chinese New Year Decorations =-.

OK OK I’ll load my blog with many many photos! Don’t blame me if you can’t load my blog later :P

• February 19th, 2010 12:46 PM

Hey, when r u going to blog about your China trip? I saw some photos on Saucer’s “photos only, no words” blog and they were nice! makes me want to go there too! : )
    .-= foongpc´s last blog ..2010 Chinese New Year Decorations =-.

Yea I know! Will blog about it after Maldives ok? One at a time mar :)

• February 19th, 2010 5:02 PM
    ablogaway

Congratulations Mei Yee. Too bad I couldn’t make it, but can see that you certainly have a wonderful and grand wedding :) Wish you both everlasting marital bliss, and ya, waiting for your tiger baby, haha!
    .-= ablogaway´s last blog ..Why I like it LonGer =-.

Haha no tiger baby yet… Honeymoon first! ;)

• February 19th, 2010 10:42 PM

wow, very grand looking hall of that restaurant.. i like the color theme, not the traditional red or pink..
    .-= [SK]´s last blog ..19.02.2010 | ???? =-.

Yea I like the theme too… I thought it would be red you know.. but I Guess they changed their table cloths after moving to this new building. :)

• February 21st, 2010 4:27 PM
    Christine

the venue is grand and both u and saucer look so great together :) Honeymoon at Maldives!!! envy. I wan pictures gal! ;)
    .-= Christine´s last blog ..Restoran Gafan @ Tmn Connaught, Cheras =-.

No need envy! You can go too with Chris! :) Pictures soon ok! :)

• February 21st, 2010 10:38 PM
    Big Boys Oven

hahaha awesome! just awesome! :)

Thank you! :)

• February 22nd, 2010 10:54 AM
    allie

Awesome! And can’t wait for your Maldives pictures :)
    .-= allie´s last blog ..A tasty breakfast at Pulau Tikus Market =-.

Yes coming sooooooooooooon! :)

• February 22nd, 2010 3:09 PM
    xin

u looked so so gorgeous!!!! cant wait to read your maldives trip :D
    .-= xin´s last blog ..Giveaway – 3 Pairs of Free Movie Tickets for Book of Eli =-.

Hehe thank you dear xin!!! :)

• February 25th, 2010 5:53 AM
    ayie

looks like so much fun! glad to see all your pics!

Thank you dearie!!:)

• February 27th, 2010 4:28 PM
    zewt

hey thewitch,

Heartiest congratulations to you. I wish you a wonderful and happy marriage, blessed with abundant children! :)\

Have a good one!
    .-= zewt´s last blog ..A great 3rd day at the Wall and Tomb =-.

Thank you so much zewt!! :)
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..My Honeymoon at Maldives – Part 3 =-.

• March 3rd, 2010 11:46 PM
    J2Kfm

COngrats congrats congrats! I’ve been missing all your posts throughout the festive season.
    I’ll catch up. :)

Never knew Kam Ling’s SOOOO huge. I only tasted their egg tarts before. Hehe ..

Haha no worries! You have all the time to catch up! :) Yes, it’s indeed growing rapidly, I just hope the quality doesn’t go in opposite direction :)

• March 6th, 2010 8:06 PM
    thenomadGourmand

amazing!
    after readin 3 posts in a row, i also exhausted! imagine u goin thru all that.. but i must say it looked very prepared..as in u got a great wedding planner!

LOL! The wedding planner is actually my mom! :P